Some call it the “Parc des Canards” because in the years 1970–80, Mr. Lachapelle brought his ducks there to spend the summer season. The "parade" that was used to move the ducks between the sluice basin and the residence on Laurier Street was culturally memorable. The park celebrated its centenary in 2011 and it is the oldest municipal park in Terrebonne.
In 1739, Seigneur Louis Lepage of Sainte-Claire is the owner of the land and sells it to the company headed by Paul-Alexandre Ailleboust Cuisy, which operates the sawmill on the island. The land returns to the seigneur as a result of a dispute. In 1744, Lepage concedes ground to Agathe Limoges, but by 1755, Seigneur Louis de Chapt de Lacorne takes the land and makes it his, and this is where he built his manor.
A century later, Madame Masson erects her house here and bought the land in front it. She destroys all the buildings to transform the land into her private park. Among the delicate landscaping can be found three gazebos; the two smallest are original, although partially restored.
In her will, Madame Masson states in the bequest of her properties to her son Louis-François-Rodrigue that the park should be kept in its original state and be made available to the public. No construction is permitted at the time or later for all future owners. No fences of more than three feet in height can regulate the field. Construction of new gazebos identical to those existing is permitted.
After the death of Rodrigue Masson, the land is ceded to the city for 50% of its value. Mayor Ernest-Seraphin Mathieu buys it for the sum of $1,000 in 1911 and makes it the city’s first park. The clauses concerning the purpose of the site are still applied today, and it remains a place of relaxation and gatherings for citizens and tourists alike.