In the late 1880s, Anglican Cree families, mostly from Mistassini Lake, spent the summer near Lake St.John. Some families will settle in Pointe-Bleue.

«There were a few Protestants who came from Mistassini in teh summer, the Mistassini Indians, and they came here to Pointe-Bleue.»

Following a visit by Reverend H.C. Stuart in 1889, he began the process of building an Anglican church. Collection is difficult and the Reverend participates in his own finances to carry out the project. The church, located on the Robertson family lots, was consecrated three years later than planned on July 12, 1893. The Anglican Church is present in the community from 1892 to 1966.

«The Protetant Church called, «the Mitaines» yes, I heard about it. it was on the other side of the railways.»

The church that could accomodate 200 people was located near the present Anglican cemetery. The attendance of the faithful of the Anglican mission varies considerably from one yeart to the next. There are nearly a hundred of them in the missions from 1934 to 1936. After these years, Their number decreased to about twenty faithful in 1943. 

In spite of this decline, the Anglican Church made a request in 1946 to enlarge the cemetery between the lot of the chapel and the existing cemetery. Although the application is approved, the cemetery extension will never be completed.  This request is in fact the last action taken by the Anglica Church, abandonned in 1956, the desecration take place on May 10, 1963. In 1966 the church was demolished bye some members of the Anglican community. 


The Anglcican cemetery consecrated in 1898 is located a few meters from the back of the church. In 1981, a project allows to trace the Anglican registers and to located and identify the crosses and epitaphs present in the cemetery.

« ...In the field, there was a cemetery; it must be indentified again because, to my knowledge, they were renovated a little four years ago. »

In October 2004, the Makivik Corporation unveiled an Inukshuk monument in memory of Inuit burials in the cemetery. In the 1950s, Inuit suffering from tuberculosis were hospitalized at the Sanatorium of Roberval, unfortunately at their death, their bodies could not be returned to their homes in Nunavik.