At 755 Village RoadHillside Chapel was built in 1895 by Abraham Watchorn and his nephews, John Davis and Albert Newton, on land part of the original Watchorn farm. It has retained its original character through careful preservation. The Morin-Heights Historical Association awarded it the Heritage Preservation Meritas in 2018.
This third place of worship in Morin-Heights was in its early days frequented by an evangelical sect called the "Hornerites" after Reverend Ralph Cecil Horner (1853-1921), who came to preach there regularly. Horner, born in Shawville, was a lay preacher and later an ordained evangelist in the Methodist Church of Canada in 1887.
During his services, he encouraged physical manifestations of religious fervour (shouting, crying, agitation), a style that made him a controversial figure within the church, which eventually expelled him around 1895. He then founded the Holiness Movement in Canada and disassociated himself from it around 1916 to form, with a few followers, the "Standard Church of America" with its headquarters in Brockville, Ontario. His oratory skills attracted thousands of followers in the Eastern Ontario and Ottawa Valley region, where he practiced.