Under this mound of earth are buried the last three Pangman lords: Peter (1744-1819), John (1808-1867) and John Henry (1845-1880). Peter Pangman was a great fur trader in Saskatchewan before acquiring the seigneury of Lachenaie. It was he who, around 1795, built the Mascouche Manor. His son, John Pangman, was a judge for the peace of the county, a militia lieutenant, then a legislative counsel (senator). He operated the seigneurial mills and obtained a post office for Mascouche. Finally, his son John Henry, continued to operate and develop the sawmills of Mascouche and Saint-Lin. He was also president of the Laurentian railway company which had favorable influence in the creation of the village of La Plaine.