The Oldest Rampart

Parc Cavalier-du-Moulin Rampart

The parc Cavalier-du-Moulin rampart is Quebec City’s oldest fortification wall that still exists. It lost its military function when the Citadelle de Quebec was created. There is a little park owned by the Commission de la capitale nationale du Québec on top of the rampart. In 1663, there was a mill that belonged to a well-known cavalier, that’s where the name Cavalier-du-Moulin comes from.


The Ramparts of Québec




Excerpt of
Old Quebec Fortifications Tour - Virtual guide

View the complete tour with the BaladoDiscovery app for free on Android or iPhone/iPad