Barnston-Ouest

Barnston-West

It seems that the Algonquins were the first to settle in Barnston Township between 1300 and 1680.

Barnston-West

Abenaki Natives came after, followed by the Loyalists and the Irish, while the first wave of Francophone settlers came at the arrival of the railways around 1850. Today, residents live in either Way’s Mills or Kingscroft, hamlets which have been forming Barnston-West since 1946. An American manufacturer of tweed and flanel, L. S. Way, arrived in the area in 1808, giving his name to a village traversed by the Niger River which is visible along Holmes Road.

Extract of
The Townships Trail - GPS & Virtual Guide

The Townships Trail - GPS & Virtual Guide image circuit

Presented by : Corporation de gestion du Chemin des Cantons

Directions to get there

Download the BaladoDiscovery app (for Android and iOS) and access the largest network of self-guided tour experiences in Canada.