The day of its inauguration, on July 2nd, 1898, the Pier was 1825-foot long. It was severely damaged since its construction, notably during an important storm, in 1909, after which the Pier was shortened of about 1,000 feet.
Other view of the Pier, back in the days.
This miniature train used to carry visitors from one end of the Pier to the other, at the beginning of last century.
The Pier, 1925.
This casino was also used as a ballroom and had a capacity of 5,000 people (postcard from 1942).
A storm wiped the casino off the map in 1970!
The Pier’s structure could not weather the blizzard of 1978. The Pier was completely destroyed after this last straw from Mother Nature.
The Pier was rebuilt in 1980 (as we see it today).