The station in Arundel dates from 1925 and is one of the last remaining examples of an authentic railway building in the region. Most of the others have disappeared or been rebuilt, while in this case the structure has retained a good deal of its original architectural characteristics. The station was built originally further south of the present site, at the intersection of Chemin de la Rouge and Route 364. It was moved to its present site in July 1986. It was onJuly 4th of the following year that it was given its official function as the local post office, which it retains to this day (source: Bergeron-Gagnon Inc., heritage inventory of the Laurentides RMC, 2013).