In 1927, the large bell was replaced by a smaller one. This bell was baptized “Marie-Eugène Rodrigue” on 29 juillet 1928. A portico was also built at the front of the church and the present-day steeple. (

Church and presbytery

The village was first built around the Chute aux Bleuets. In 1904, on the initiative of Adolphe Coupal and some 40 other settlers, a request was made to the Archbishop of Ottawa for the proclamation of a new parish and the construction of a church (source: Bergeron-Gagnon Inc., heritage inventory of the Laurentides RMC, 2013).


From 1959 to 1961, renovation work was carried out on the church: the exterior was covered in aluminum, the façade in stone, the footpath was rebuilt, oil-fired heating added, the floor covered with tiles, the choir redesigned and a new Way of the Cross added. In 1963, all the nuns finally left. (

Extract of
Once Upon a Time in the Western Laurentians

Once Upon a Time in the Western Laurentians image circuit

Presented by : MRC des Laurentides

Get There

Download the BaladoDiscovery app (for Android and iOS) and access the largest network of self-guided tour experiences in Canada.