Ancestral Home from 1855

At 616, rang des Érables

This photo reveals the original appearance of the house located at 616, rang des Érables, a construction typical of rural Quebec of yesteryear. The house dates from 1855. Its roof made of corrugated iron and asphalt shingles is characterized by its curved slopes with dormer windows.

Source: Book Nos belles des érables.

Nowadays

Here is the same house today, covered in vinyl clapboard. The more observant will notice that the paned windows upstairs are made of original wood.

Current owner: Anne Dallaire.

Source: Book Nos belles des érables (2007).

Extract of
Saint-Joseph-des-Érables | MRC Beauce-Centre Heritage Tour

Saint-Joseph-des-Érables | MRC Beauce-Centre Heritage Tour image circuit

Presented by : Municipalité de Saint-Joseph-des-Érables

Directions to get there

Download the BaladoDiscovery app (for Android and iOS) and access the largest network of self-guided tour experiences in Canada.