This is a last picture of the des Fermes Mill before its demolition. The memorial plaque that had been affixed to its façade in 1938 and unveiled by Minister Albert Rioux during the second century celebrations was still affixed to it. Fortunately, this plaque was spared and is now in a safe place. This mill's site corresponds to the first seigneurial settlement in the Beauce area, since Lord de la Gorgendière had the first flour mill built here. Tradition demanded that an apartment be reserved for him during his visits at the estate.
Source: Farm Mill's Facebook Page