Cemetery

The Church and the Cemetery

Previously, the first cemetery was located on the land next to the church. The sisters from the convent used to cross through it to attend church services. Because the cemetery had become too small, the parish corporation sought to relocate it in 1908.

Source: Cent ans d'histoire et plus... à Saint-Odilon-de-Cranbourne (1900)


The Cemetery Today

In 1908, the parish corporation agreed to grant a square acre of land to establish a new cemetery. Free visit

Source: Municipality (2016)

The Former Cemetery in 2016

Today, the Hôtel-de-Ville Street crosses the old cemetery. There are no visible traces of the old cemetery.

Source: Municipality (2016)

Extract of
Saint-Odilon | MRC Beauce Centre Heritage Tour

Saint-Odilon | MRC Beauce Centre Heritage Tour image circuit

Presented by : Municipalité de Saint-Odilon

Directions to get there

Download the BaladoDiscovery app (for Android and iOS) and access the largest network of self-guided tour experiences in Canada.