Church and Chapels

First Chapel

In 1856, following many discussions, a small wooden chapel was built at the corner of allotment 14, in Rang 5. Residents of the municipality could not enjoy their chapel for a long time, as it completely burned to the ground in Mai 1857 due to a felled timber fire.

Source: Cent ans d'histoire et plus... à Sant-Odilon-de-Cranbourne (1856)


Saint-Odilon-de-Cranbourne's Chapel

Built in 1859 under Abbé Odilon Paradis's term, the parish chapel was 55 feet by 32 feet. It had a 32 feet by 15 feet vestry that was divided in half, part of it being used as the priest's apartments. It was used for mass until 1891. 300  people could fit inside the chapel, which was located at the corner of Rang 5.

Source: Cent ans d'histoire et plus... à Saint-Odilon-de-Cranbourne (1859)

The Current Church

The church of Saint-Odilon-de-Cranbourne as it is today was built in 1891 and blessed on December 29, 1892, by Mr. Bernard Claude Guy, parish priest of Sacré-Coeur-de-Jésus de Broughton.
For a visit, please contact the parish corporation at 418-464-2281


Source: Municipality of Saint-Odilon-de-Cranbourne (2015)

Extract of
Saint-Odilon | MRC Beauce Centre Heritage Tour

Saint-Odilon | MRC Beauce Centre Heritage Tour image circuit

Presented by : Municipalité de Saint-Odilon

Directions to get there

Download the BaladoDiscovery app (for Android and iOS) and access the largest network of self-guided tour experiences in Canada.