Anglican Chapel and Celtic Cross

Cross at the corner of Rang 6 West and Road 275

Wayside crosses are the symbol of a strong religious belonging at a certain time.
Each cross has a specific purpose.
The one located at the corner of Rang 6 West and Road 275 is a memorial cross; it is a reminder of our former chapel and of the Anglican cemetery.
Free

Source: Les croix de chemin - Micheline Harvey (January 2015)

Anglican Chapel

In 1850, Saint-Odilon was home to an Anglican mission whose population core was located at the corner of Rang 6. Over there was an operating chapel  and a cemetery. After most of that population left for Maine or Ontario, the religious practice almost disappeared and the Anglican Bishop, Lennox William, sold the chapel in 1927 with a demolition clause out of respect for their religion.

Source: Unknown (April 2016)

Extract of
Saint-Odilon | MRC Beauce Centre Heritage Tour

Saint-Odilon | MRC Beauce Centre Heritage Tour image circuit

Presented by : Municipalité de Saint-Odilon

Directions to get there

Download the BaladoDiscovery app (for Android and iOS) and access the largest network of self-guided tour experiences in Canada.