Mining and Gravel Mine Operations

Carey Canada Inc. Mining Company

The Cary Canada Inc. Mining Company was without a doubt Tring-Jonction's most important company.
The asbestos deposit was discovered in 1952. Its chrysotile asbestos content turned out to be sufficient to justify the construction of a processing plant, which went on from 1955 to 1958. The year 1959 marks the beginning of operations, up until the end of 1979. It employed around 525 people and 25 to 30 houses were built in Tring. The mill was open six days a week: from midnight on Sunday to midnight on Saturday. After several problems with unionized employees and maple syrup producers, and also due to prosecutions in the United States, the company ceased its operations altogether on April 25, 1986.

Source: Carey Canada Fund (1951)

Extract of
Tring-Jonction | MRC Beauce-Centre Heritage Tour

Tring-Jonction | MRC Beauce-Centre Heritage Tour image circuit

Presented by : Municipalité de Tring-Jonction

Get There

Download the BaladoDiscovery app (for Android and iOS) and access the largest network of self-guided tour experiences in Canada.