In 1950, leaders from the Syndicat coopératif (a union) suggested building an illuminated cross commemorating the Holy Year. But where? Within the village, in Rang St-Louis? The parish priest Camille Morissette had the last word on this. He thought that the Rang St-Louis suggestion was excellent. The Holy Year cross (1950) was illuminated for the first time in 1950 on Christmas night. It was blessed on June 9, 1951, and the population attended the blessing. Since then, this 13.71-meter high cross is an eye-catcher and invites residents to go there to pray the rosary in groups.
Source: Éloise Giguère Fund (1992)