Saint-Jules' Church

The Church, 2012

Saint-Jules' church was built in 1925 by Mr. Odilon Giguère. Made of stone, its footprint includes an inside chapel and single-vessel nave. Its façade is built around a central tower home to the bell tower. This tower is surrounded by 2 doors. Religious services are still celebrated here to this day, once or twice a week.

Source: Municipality of St-Jules


The Church in 1926; First Parish Priest

The church as it looked like in 1926. In the insert, picture of the first parish priest, Abbé Ovide Cliche.

Source: Book of Saint-Jules' 75th anniversary


Interior of the Church before 1962

Interior of the church before the renovations (front end with nave and altars) made in 1962.

Source: Book of Saint-Jules' 75th anniversary

Interior of the Church after 1962

Interior of the church (front end with nave and altars) following the 1962 renovations up until now, according to the plans of Georges Rousseau, an architect from Quebec City. Our church adopted a more modern and contemporary style.

Source: Book of Saint-Jules' 75th anniversary

Extract of
Saint-Jules | MRC Robert-Cliche's Heritage Tour

Saint-Jules | MRC Robert-Cliche's Heritage Tour image circuit

Presented by : Municipalité de Saint-Jules

Directions to get there

Download the BaladoDiscovery app (for Android and iOS) and access the largest network of self-guided tour experiences in Canada.