Built in 1919 by owner Camille Paré. Mr. Paré managed the operations throughout his working life. The mill burned twice, in 1933 and 1941. It was rebuilt for a third time and Mr. Paré's son, Luc, took over and followed his father's footsteps for several years. After that, the Paré family shifted to finished lumber production and, in January 1954, Luc, Gérard and Marcel started a wood turning business for manufacturing broom handles and other items. The business was called Paré et Frères Inc.
Source: Book of Saint-Jules' 75th anniversary