The first church in Saint-Joachim, located near the large farm of Cap Tourmente, was burned down by the troops of James Wolfe during the British conquest of 1759. The pastor and seven parishioners lost their lives in the tragedy.
A new church was built between 1771 and 1779 at the heart of the village, on the road connecting the key sites of the mill and the creamery. Today, this church has been classified as a historic monument. It owes its exceptional interior decoration to sculptor François Baillairgé and his son Thomas.
Photo: Current church of Saint-Joachim (Bergeron Gagnon inc, 2015. Inventaire du patrimoine bâti de la MRC de La Côte-de-Beaupré)