The Maison Bélisle is one of the oldest preserved houses in Vieux-Terrebonne. It was built in 1759 by Jacques Perras. The latter managed the mills and warehouses of Terrebonne and was responsible for supplying the King's stores. During the American Revolution, the building serves as a field hospital to the 84th regiment of the British army, then stationed in Terrebonne.
Today it bears the name of “Maison Bélisle” in honor of the last family to live in this property.
October 30th, 1973, it is classified as a historic monument by the Quebec government. The Société de Développement Culturelle de Terrebonne” (SODECT) is responsible for the management and of this historic site. In February 1999, the house is completely destroyed by fire. Fortunately, Terrebonne quickly proceeds to its restoration.