The Maison Jacob Oldham is one of the oldest houses in Vieux-Terrebonne. Built in 1805, it served as a store or warehouse for a few years for the North West Company, for Jacob Oldham's company, and for members of the Mackenzie family.
In 1805, Jacob Oldham barters his land to builder Joseph Augé. In exchange for the land, Oldham requires the builder to raise a house to very precise specifications. It has to be of the exact same size as the store owned by his brother, Pierre Augé, then located where Collège Saint-Sacrement is today. The size, height and frame had to be identical. John Mackenzie, Jacob Oldham's son-in-law, inherited the house when he died. The Terrebonne post office then stands there between 1823 and 1881. In the twentieth century, it becomes the meeting hall of Club de Terrebonne, followed by the offices of Dr. Lacroix and now the offices of sexologist Alain Gariépy.
Observe the large building on the other side of the street, the one facing the Maison Jacob Oldham.