The settlement is founded in 1664 by Charles Melanson, known as La Ramée, and his wife Marie Dugas. In 1713, nine families - 16 adults and 25 children - live within the settlement. From its establishment through to the Deportation, four successive generations of Melanson lived here.
Estimated between ten to twelve households, the inhabitants of the Melanson Settlement are among the 1,666 Acadians of the Annapolis Royal region who were we deported in December 1755. The buildings of the Settlement are destroyed.
After the Deportation, the families flee to Quebec, some seek refuge in France, while the fate of the others remains unknown.