In 1857, Cyprien Biroleau, squire and militia captain, acquired a lot from Augustin-Norbert Morin to open a general store. He operated it for 40 years. Municipal councilman since the creation of the city in 1855, the merchant was mayor of Sainte-Adèle from 1859 to 1862. His son Hormidas succeeded him from 1882 to 1886. In 1893, the sheriff had to sell the property “at the door of the church”. Later in the 1920s, Eusèbe Nolin operated a store. The McGuire family has lived there for nearly 60 years.
The mansard roof of these large buildings situated at the top of the hill is a modification of 19th century construction techniques. This configuration provides more open space on the second floor. The preservation of this site is important since it is one of the first buildings constructed in the village.