Lagacé House (1850)
225 Morin Street
Built in 1850, the house was acquired by Joseph Murray and Irène Grignon. After some years, Morin Street was rebuilt with the result that the house now encroached on the road. The contractor Maurice Lagacé, who had since acquired it, moved the house back on to new foundations closer to Rond Lake, where it remains today. This is why it seems to blend into the surrounding landscape.
This beautiful log house, built using the pièce-sur-pièce technique, is well preserved. It is reminiscent of the Quebec-style house with dormer windows rising above the sheet metal roof and a central stone fireplace.