La Chaumière Inn and Restaurant
La Chaumière Inn and Restaurant (1872)
251 Morin Street
This site housed an old blacksmith shop until at least 1912. Joseph Murray and his wife Irène Grignon then settled there. Olivier Rolland, manager of the Rolland Paper Mill bought it in 1923. In 1952, the house became La Chaumière Inn, which was in operation until 1973. Features of the rustic building include a steeply pitched roof with dormers and flat roofs on both sides. In imitation of a Normandy-style house, wood planks forming various patterns were installed on the plaster-covered façade.