Ouimet’s Butcher Shop
140 Morin Street
It was in 1900 that the first butcher, Wilfrid Marinier, settled on this site. Joseph Machabée, Hervé Desjardins and Wilbrod Meilleur succeeded him respectively until 1923 when Auguste Ouimet (1894–1952) set up business. Auguste, followed by his son Louis, operated a butcher shop and grocery shop until 1976. Today, a restaurant occupies the premises.
The store with wood siding retains many of its original features, including the magnificent porch on two sides. The building is covered with a half-hipped roof and circular overhang covering both porches. Also note the numerous wood windows and an oculus on one of the façades.