In 1919, Sigefroi Desjardins (1878–1948) transformed the blacksmith shop of his father Israël into a bakery, to which he added a restaurant. The Sainte-Adèle Bakery on Morin Street was destroyed by fire around 1965.
Taxi driver Joseph-Octave (Jos) bought the bakery of Achille Nadon in Mont-Rolland on Claude-Grégoire Street. In 1969, Michel Guillonneau, a pastry chef from Saint-Laurent, acquired the building on Valiquette Street to make a pastry shop which he sold the following year to the Au Vieux Four Bakery.
The family tradition continued in the 1970s when Guy Desjardins acquired the shop.