The lot on which the house was built belonged to Stanislas-Jean-Baptiste Rolland until 1915 when it was sold. Sigefroy Ouellette acquired it in 1920. He sold it in 1928 to Delphis Labelle. Upon his death, his wife Delphine Carrière inherited the house and kept it until 1967.
The upper front windows integrate into the mansard roof and are protected by small arched dormers.
In the past, there was a stylized sun in wood on the pediment overlooking the upstairs door, but it has since disappeared.
Previously, the building had an attractive brick exterior and columns. With Italianate-style porch railings, it is easy to detect the Victorian inspiration. The roof overlooking the upstairs porch replicates the shape of the mansard roof. The large porch runs the entire front of the building. Despite all the renovations to the house over time, it retains the charm of yesteryear.
Source: Société d’histoire de la Rivière-du-Nord Fonds Claude-Henri Grignon. Société d’histoire et de généalogie des Pays-d’en-Haut