Old anglican Presbytery

Old anglican presbytery

From the time it was built in the 1880s until 1944, the house served as the rectory for Anglican ministers.

Old presbytery architecture

Like Alvin Moore’s home, the house at 41 Merry North has a heavily sloped roof. However, its first owners preferred brick for its siding. This didn’t stop them from decorating the cornice with gingerbread and paying (particular) attention to various elements on the house.

On the ground floor, the bay window with its paired guillotine windows and bracketed cornice are (especially) interesting architectural characteristics.
Now look up. The cornice and decorative work once again appear above the windows on the second floor.



Excerpt of
Old Magog Tour

View the complete tour with the BaladoDiscovery app for free on Android or iPhone/iPad