As soon as 1891, the small church needed repairs, and its community considered replacing it with a new building. However, the project was abandoned.
Note the portico and Gothic-style door and windows of the small church’s façade.
Pine hill road
From here the land rises slightly. This slope apparently gave our next street its second name, Pine Hill Road. It was first an important rural road providing access to land destined for settlement. Called Hoyt Street, until 1850, it was the only road leading to Sherbrooke.