Inaugurated for the 25th anniversary of the founding of the City of Arvida, the aluminum cross is 40 feet high and 22 feet wide. It is located on the highest peak in Arvida. On 22 June 1952, a crowd of nearly 2,000 people gathers there for the blessing. The cross is blessed by Msgr. Georges Melançon, bishop of Chicoutimi, and illuminated by Mayor Louis Fay. As soon as it is installed, the monument is visible in the evening thanks to its neon lighting system. The Arvida cross is restored in 2012, recapturing its former glory.
Source: Saguenay Historical Society. P2-S7-P04892-3.