Keillor House Museum

Keillor House, 4974 Main Street

The Keillor House was built 1813-15 by Yorkshire immigrant and stone mason John Keillor.  This modest but handsome Georgian stone mansion once served the social aspirations of two generations of prosperous farmers, small entrepreneurs and local magistrates.  Restored to approximate its mid-to-late nineteenth century appearance, it now houses an important collection of period furniture, antique china, kitchen utensils and other artefacts, as well as the Graydon Milton Library and Genealogy Centre.

In the Coach House

The adjacent Coach House is host to the Dorchester Penitentiary Collection, Canada’s first prison museum, as well as a small collection of nineteenth century carriages, household items and farm implements.



Excerpt of
Historic Dorchester Walking Tour

View the complete tour with the BaladoDiscovery app for free on Android or iPhone/iPad