The Ste-Famille school is considered a local historic site given its role in the education of the community and its cultural heritage.
Established in 1896, the Sacré-Cœur Academy was no longer meeting the demand and since it was located too far from the Eastern part of the city, the school authorities agreed to build a new school in the East, on Laurier Street. The Ste-Famille school opened its doors in 1909. This two-story building with four classrooms welcomed all Rockland-East children. Brigitte Séguin, one of the pioneer-teachers in Rockland, was the principal. She was assisted in her work by her sister - Georginna Séguin - Joseph Aspeck, Alma Marier and Irène Deshaître, who taught both English-speaking and French-speaking students.
Ste-Famille School closed in 1968. After some renovations, the building opened its doors in 1973 as Centre Culturel Ste-Famille and pursued its academic role until 2010. Over a period of 36 years, the centre has offered pottery, serigraphy, photography, music, drawing, theatre and woodworking classes. From 1982 to 2010, its Découverte program for the development of artists helped many enthusiasts follow their passion in pursuing a career the arts.
Since 1995, the Rockland United Soccer Club has been using 2 offices on the second floor. This Club is home to hundreds of young soccer players from Clarence-Rockland. The Clarence-Rockland museum, which opened on April 29, 2010, occupies the rest of the building and is also considered a research centre for students of all levels.