This church is considered a local historic site given its age and the fact it was the only Presbyterian church in the City of Clarence-Rockland.
In October 1885, the Presbyterian congregation gathered in Rockland to worship, pray and praise. Around 1900, a small group of parishioners, with the help of William Cameron Edward and his wife Catherine Wilson, began the construction of their own church on Marston street (now St-jean Street). The church services took place on Sunday afternoons or evenings. The Cumberland and Ottawa pastors served the church.
In 1901, William C. Edwards laid the cornerstone for Rockland Presbyterian Church. In October 1902, the first church service was celebrated in the new church. In 1925, the Presbyterian church in Rockland became the Saint-Andrew’s United Church, and remains standing today.
Built around 1900, the brick home in front of the church was used as a presbytery. Around 1910, the house was occupied by Pastor Herbert Pangborn. The presbytery was always open to parishioners who needed water for tea or other necessities before the first water system was built. In 2000, the Pangborn Hall was added to the church building in honour of the Pangborn Family who appear in the church’s records in 1910.