Israël Jubinville House

1625 Landry Street

Israël Jubinville in front of his house in Clarence Creek. Born in Montreal, Israël Jubinville was the first of his family and ancestors to settle in Clarence Creek. In 1864, he purchased a lot (1072, Chemin Landry), while he was living in Buckingham.

1625 Landry Street

Israël Jubinville and his wife, Elmire Poirier. In 1875, Mr. Jubinville officially settled in Clarence Creek with his wife. Israël cleared his land and, in the shop located in the basement of the house, made and repaired transport vehicles: carts, buggies and sleighs.

1625 Landry Street

In December 1905, Mr. Jubinville sold the farm to his son Aldéric and then built a beautiful stone house in the village. He lived there with his second wife Maria Thibault, until his death on December 19, 1920.

1625 Landry Street

Here, you can see Israël Jubinville and his family.

1625 Landry Street

Aside from the additions at the back and on the side, the owners of this ancestral home have always maintained its original exterior. In 2017, the owner is David Simoneau, Israël’s 5th generation descendant.  

Israël Jubinville House

This house is considered a local historic site given its unique architecture and contributions from its former owner.

Born in Montreal, Israël Jubinville was the first of his family and ancestors to settle in Clarence Creek. In 1864, he purchased a lot (1072, Chemin Landry), while he was living in Buckingham. He often visited his property and agreed to sell a few parcels. Passionate about education, Israël sold one of his parcels to build the Rural No. 16 school (St-Isidore le laboureur) in 1881.

In 1875, Mr. Jubinville officially settled in Clarence Creek with his wife, Elmire Poirier born Lafleur. Israël cleared his land and, in the shop located in the basement of the house, made and repaired transport vehicles: carts, buggies and sleighs. The paint shop was located on the ground floor where the kitchen now exists. The farm buildings date back to the beginning of the 20th century including the barn, which was built in 1917. The ancestral farm, which was passed down from one generation to the next, became the property of Jean-Luc Jubinville, a 5th generation Jubinville.

In December 1905, Mr. Jubinville sold the farm to his son Aldéric and then built a beautiful stone house in the village. He lived there with his second wife Maria Thibault, until his death on December 19, 1920. Aside from the additions at the back and on the side, the owners of this ancestral home have always maintained its original exterior. In 2017, the owner is David Simoneau, Israël’s 5th generation descendant.



Excerpt of
Clarence Point & Clarence Creek's History

View the complete tour with the BaladoDiscovery app for free on Android or iPhone/iPad