Onésime Guibord House & Store

1675 Landry Street

This grey stone building was built in 1904. The first owner was possibly Onésime Guibord, who lived on the second floor and ran a general store on the first floor. 
   

1675 Landry Street

Onésime Guibord's house and general store.  

1675 Landry Street

Onésime Guibord was:
— Member of the Provincial Parliament from 1898 to 1905
— Reeve of the Clarence Township from 1910 to 1912
— Warden of the United Counties of Prescott and Russell in 1910
— Co-Founder of Le Droit newspaper in 1913
 

1675 Landry Street

Onésime Guibord with his family.

Onésime Guibord's House & General Store

This house is recognized as a historical site given its previous owner, Onésime Guibord.

Born in Montreal, Mr. Guibord moved to Clarence Creek in 1882 to teach at the school in the village. He later stopped teaching in order to open a store. This grey stone building was built in 1904, the first owner was possibly Mr. Guibord, who lived on the second floor and ran a general store on the first floor.

In 1932, Télesphore Perron purchased the general store from Calixte Pilon and in 1949 his son Conrad purchased the general store from his father and operated the post office. Conrad Perron and his wife Émérentienne owned the store for 27 years and sold it in 1976.



Excerpt of
Clarence Point & Clarence Creek's History

View the complete tour with the BaladoDiscovery app for free on Android or iPhone/iPad