Vincent-Ferrier Deneault House
Mr. Vincent-Ferrier Deneault married Delphine Lavictoire in 1896 and they settled at the Northern boundary of the village in this brick home built at the turn of the 19th century. At the time, the house was not as big, the newlyweds moved into what is now the rear section of the current house.
His son, Ferréol quit school due to a severe eyesight problem and took over the small family-run business, the Deneault soft drink plant, which was then located to the left of the house. His eyesight worsening, he sold the business to Rhéal Gagner in 1951, who continued to operate it under the ‘Excel’ brand.
The Deneault Family built an addition to the house in 1911. No renovations were made to the exterior and the interior remained intact; walls, ceiling, and even most of the original furnishings are still there.
The current owner, Pierre Richer is the great-grandchild of Vincent-Ferrier.