Aldéo Perron House
Built in 1910, this house was covered in bricks purchased from the brickyard located just East of the station. This industry founded at the beginning of the twentieth century was very successful. In fact, many houses in Bourget still show their brick facade. In the village, we can find this house, the neighbour’s house, the Deneault house, the convent, the Schnupp Residence and many more houses.
In 1924, Télesphore Perron, his wife Mélanie Guindon and their six children left Clarence Creek for Bourget. Télesphore sold oil products under the BA (British American Oil) banner that later became Superior. With the help of his sons, he sold his products across the region and even to the Pendleton airport during the Second World War. Télesphore moved back to Clarence Creek in 1939, where he opened a general store that he later sold to his son Conrad, in 1946. That same year, he sold his oil and gas company to his two sons Aldéo and Alcide. In 1964, Aldéo partnered with his sons and bought Alcide’s shares running the business until 1973.
Aldéo was very involved in the region; he was a member of the Prescott and Russell School Board from 1969 to 1973 and president of the finance committee for the Sacré-Coeur parish. He was also one of the founders of the Old age club in Bourget.