A. O. Lalonde Store
This building, built in 1885, was used for the first chapel of the village of The Brook. The chapel no longer meeting the needs of the population, it was converted to a separate school between 1890 and 1895. Later, in 1902, Edmond Langlois purchased the building and had it moved onto the foundation of his store that had just been destroyed by flames.
In 1907, Arthur O. Lalonde, Edmond Langlois’ son-in-law, became the owner of the general store for about 20 years. When he died, on September 2, 1927, the business was still booming. His wife Ubaldine then became owner, and with the help of her children, continued to run the family business until she died in September 1947.
The store then became the property of their son, Antonin, who continued to run the store until 1959. He then opened a commercial printing business and published the "Françario" weekly. He stayed in the house for another 15 years and when he retired, transformed the building into a funeral home, known as Salle Pax. This place is now a private residence.