On February 19, 1922, fire destroyed the church that dated back to 1871 as well as the adjoining convent. Determined to preserve what they had before the unfortunate blaze, the community worked with the diocese to find a solution. Instead of simply reconstructing the convent on the same site, it was decided to sell the presbytery built in 1906 to the Sisters of Providence. With the addition of a major annex at the back, they were able to offer young girls a place to board and to teach all the village children.
At the same time, a new presbytery was built on the other side of the street. Finally, the church was rebuilt at the same location, creating a solid institutional entity.