The first building was a small, 3-storey wooden building in Lowertown. In the early days, the college was made up of 10 professors and around 60 students. When the wooden structure became too small, the college moved to a larger stone building at Guigues and Sussex, in 1853. This building still exists today, and a plaque can be found where the wooden building once stood.
[Image: Collection 38, NEG-NB-38AH-1-6, Credit: Unknown]