Starting in 1836, the building was used as a road-house for the diligences. Even alcohol is served there, which was pretty rare back in the days.
Several businesses settled there over time, among which the mythical Magog House hotel, bars, restaurants, studios, art galleries… and a small centennial barbering establishment. The community radio CFLX was also located on the last floor for several years.
Several personalities stayed there in the first half of the 20th century, like the politician Maurice Duplessis in 1935.