The Johnson & Johnson American family sawmill was built along the Le Bras River (the building, made of boards, cedar shingle and sheet metal can still be seen at 208 du Séminaire Street). The owner bought soft wood logs that he drove at springtime, after snowmelt. The sawmill in the area had an impact on the implementation of the railway station nearby. The train greatly facilitated wood transportation. The mill was bought back by Petit (Gédéon) Plante, was burnt down by lightning in July 1917, and rebuilt that same year. It was briefly owned by Louis Turgeon, who soon resold it to William Duval.
SOURCE : PAUL CARPENTIER COTE, E6, S7, SS1, P29319. CENTRE D'ARCHIVES DU QUEBEC BAnQ