Mural by Karen Blanchet
Marguerite d’Youville founded the Grey Nuns in 1737. The daisies, called marguerites in French, unifies the contributions of the Grey Nuns. They cared for the sick, abused women, and orphans, and they also taught in many Alberta schools. The mural includes: Marguerite d’Youville (upper right), the Edmonton General Hospital, their motherhouse in Montréal, the Sacred Heart Convent (which hosts Legal’s Francophone school), and the first three sisters who came to Alberta by canoe.