In september 1889, the missionaries had to reduce their original plan, but managde to establish themselves permanently in Pointe-Bleue in a residence built under the direction of Father Arnaud. From year to year, the priest cleared a few acres of land and cultivated them. Father Barou built a farm ot support the religious in vegetables and meat. The surplus is sold to the people in the community.
The old presbytery is still in very good condition. After teh religious community, the building hosted a community cultural center and until 1983, the museum exhibited its exhibitions.
The presbytery was also rented to the Amerindian police; it housed the organization of the territorial negociations as well as the house of the young people.
In 2007 renovations made it possible to install Pekuakamiulnuatsh Takuhikan (Council of Montagnais) offices in Lac Saint-Jean and the Mamuitun Tribal Council.