The first OTJ in Lac-Mégantic was located at Baie-des-Sables. In 1938 or 1939, children regrouped in front of the presbytery and sang a hymn to thank priest Monseigneur Bonin for allowing them to go to the OTJ. After that, they would walk along rue Laval and turn left on a road, now rue Sévigny, to reach Baie-des-Sables.
In 1938, the OTJ’s concrete wall was built by Héon Construction. In 1940, the day camp was moved to its current spot, the OTJ’s park. After the first summer at the OTJ’s park, “Le P’tit blond” magazine was published.
Today the day camp still welcomes Lac-Mégantic’s children with a lot of fun activities by the lake during summer.
During summer, the park welcomes children registered to the day camp certified program. For 60 years now, the day camp offers stimulating activities as well as a safe and dynamic, fun, creative and imaginative-oriented environment for children.
The Pavillon de services Fernand-Grenier, in the middle of the park, houses the sanitary facility and rooms for rental. A softball field, a soccer or free-game field, a volleyball field and a bicycle and roller blades path complete the park.